Friday, December 6, 2013

Real change for all

Greetings visitors. Forgive the paucity of posts on this blog. As many of you know, I aspire to be the new Labour MP for Whangarei in the forthcoming election. As a lawyer working in the Criminal Courts I see the worst side of life in Whangarei, much of which is brought on through poverty and unemployment. As a person living in this community I see this is as a huge problem for young people in particular. I want to take these concerns to Parliament. I want to translate them into real change here in Whangarei and Northland. I want to be part of the swing to Labour we will see in the coming election.

In the meantime, I have taken down the posts relating to the work I've done for the transgender community. I am proud of this work and am proud of the posts. Being transgender gives me an amazing insight into the prejudice that many people suffer. But I am not running for office to push a transgender agenda. I don't want this to be a distraction and am wary of this being used to draw focus from the real issues. The blog posts will go back up in time, but for the meantime they're only available on request.

Watch this space for more news. Have a great weekend

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Daniel. I've started another blog linked off my profile where I want to move the political discussion to. Thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete